Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

He is officially ours (we think)

Yesterday we went to the notary, the civil affairs office and to get passport pictures taken (I think but really I have no idea). We put our red fingerprints on our signatures and I think that means that what they call our "harmonious period" is over. Ha, harmonious period my ass. At what I think was the notary Kingston decided to have his first full on fit. Screaming at the top of his lungs like I have never heard screaming before. Ear piercing. Pinching (I have a welt), a few spits, kicks and hits. I think we just went with it. I know I did. I sat there and said, "We handled Everest, we can handle this fit." Our guide who has obviously seen it all in terms of adoptions said that it was a good thing that he was acting out. It shows personality. I don't know what kind of personality. Jeesh. It was good though to see that he wasn't the happy go lucky kid that he seems to be and that he has some spunk and fight in him like his brother.

The rest of the day was great. We actually hung out in our room quite a bit, which is nice to be able to do. With Everest we could only go to sleep in our room. Now mind you, our room is not nice. It is littered with cracker crumbs, and an ever-growing mountain of dirty clothes that I cannot bear to put on my body after knowing what it has been through. Poor Everest has not had clean pants in three days. Underwear is clean though. Brought a lot of super heroes.

Kingston's clothes don't fit so we have been buying him a few odds and ends to get us by. Hoping to get some laundry done in our bathtub tonight. Seriously.

We went out for dinner at Tim's BBQ again and they had a Halloween party. It was great for Everest because they gave him candy. They took their picture with him and then took one of our table. We figure we'll be on their wall. It was pretty good.

I had to take a break because there was some diaper issues. Kid tells you as he is going poop, not before. He yells Momma and get this look on his face that can only be describes as, well, like he is going poop.

Heading down for breakfast as the crew is getting antsy.

More later tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment