Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Balloons are Deflating and the Wine is Depleting

We have no less than 5 balloons in our room. They are deflating. It is time to leave Beijing. The clothes are all dirty three (or five) times over. We are ready to be done. My wine is gone. We are ready to be done.

Today we went to the Summer Palace, which was quite beautiful. Things are hard to see when you are constantly wrangling and corralling two boys, one of which does not understand you and one of which pretends he doesn’t.

I don’t think Kingston really had any major outbursts today. The boys got 14 hours of sleep last night. They definitely needed it and we definitely needed them to have it. It did improve Everest’s disposition a little bit, Kingston’s was a ton better.

My back is killing me.

I am so tired of this hotel. There are dried noodles and crumbs all over because they don’t vacuum. I make the boys take off their shoes immediately upon entering the room. Why? It’s not like anyone else ever has.

Beebs is Kingston’s new nickname for the time being. A little like Beaver but just a twist that makes Everest giggle uncontrollably. Hopefully we will think of a more suitable nickname soon.

Had braised tofu for dinner. Really good but now my stomach really hurts. I was supposed to have lost weight on this trip but of course I am gaining as I think I tend to eat when stressed and when the only safe choice is chocolate pocky sticks, pringles or mcdonalds. It is rather TBD on the braised tofu being safe.

Tomorrow we are off to Guangzhou. Our flight is at 6:00 at night and we are set to arrive at 9:00. It will be a late night for tweedle dee and tweedle dumb (I don’t know which is which). We join up with the other families and we are looking forward to seeing their children. We have really enjoyed our time with our Beijing travel partners. Nancy and Tom adopted Eli, a little guy who will likely need a portion of his leg amputated. They also brought Nancy’s twin sister, Betty with them. Last night when we were going to sleep Ryan said, “Melissa, it would hate it if you had a twin sister.” Thinking that was rather harsh I asked him why and said I thought it would be cool. He came back with the fact that he would be unable to fart in our hotel room. Very true. And I will leave you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment