Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So we're living a strange little existence here at the Lentz household. I think we would be having a pretty good time except for the fact that exhaustion set in and so did some viruses. I have run a fever for the past three days. Ryan has a sinus infection. The boys are fine except that they suffered from jet lag quite a bit. Kingston isn't sleeping through the night. Every couple of hours you'll hear his little cry. It's getting old. Our house is a complete disaster. Both Ryan and I were too sick yesterday to do anything. Today I was at the doctor's office and then in bed while Ryan was on Kingston duty. We have dishes piled up like we are in college. Then you can add in the laundry from the trip and it's a bit out of control. We have piles of clean clothes scattered throughout the house. At least it is clean. It would be embarrassing if I wasn't so sick. My mom is coming up tomorrow to help out. We also don't have daycare set up for Kingston yet. We've looked at some places and found a couple of them that we like but I want to be able to ease him into it. We have been unable to do so given that I haven't felt like I could stand up straight for more than a half an hour at a time. I am supposed to go back to work on Monday. I am thinking it will be Tuesday. I did not estimate sickness into the mix when scheduling my departure.

Kingston is a crack up. His little personality is showing through quite a bit. We will really need to work on language with this guy. I think a speech pathologist is in his future. He seems to understand what we are saying but he did not have a lot of mandarin language skills to begin so I think there is a bit of delay there. He kind of grunts and whines to get what he wants. I don't think I would want to learn to speak either. Again, it's getting a bit old. I think he has the smarts - he understands commands like, "take your shoes off" and "go wash your hands." It's just that he is lagging a bit. I think he will catch on but it will take time.

I am completely over the potty training thing. He knows when he has to go and he tells us he went after the fact. It's beyond annoying.

I am just crabby.
And tired.
And sick.

Kids are eating McDonalds. That is showing that today I gave up. I couldn't even heat anything up.

No comments:

Post a Comment