Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Official - Kingston is stuck with us

It’s official. Kingston is our boy. We took our oath and our visa gets picks up tomorrow and our guide is meeting us at the train station with it. We take the train to Hong Kong with another family and we’ll spend the night in Hong Kong. We are somewhat wishing that we had an extra night in Hong Kong. We didn’t know this little trooper would be as easy as he is. We are also not excited about the long flight home. The past few days have been sunny and hot. Today is 85 degrees and we are heading out to the pool. Last time I checked we didn’t have one of those in our backyard and I’m guessing the weather is not going to be even remotely close to 85 degrees. Facing reality is what we are having an issue with. Going home, establishing a routine and living our lives. I think we will be ok but I think that there will obviously be unforeseen challenges. Things are easy where we are right now. Our every move is taken care of. Our guide tells us where to go and when. In a way we can be mindless and in most ways we are.

Everybody is headed to the Pearl Market. We are deciding against going. You know I love to shop but bargaining with two boys running around is not going to be a priority. The boys need to wear themselves out in the pool. I think tonight we will lay low. The boys need to get a good night’s sleep.

Kingston is continuing to crack us up. I think I may love him. I am not sure yet. He is a trouble maker but he is a cute trouble maker so it makes it a bit easier to handle. The poor dear has no clothes that fit so today I asked the concierge for scissors and I cut off his pants that we got him in Beijing into a pair of rag-tag cut-off shorts. They don’t look half-bad. Actually they don’t look half-good either. That action garnered a bit of attention. Speaking of attention, I don’t think I mentioned the other day when we were at the park feeding the boys oranges. Everest had taken off his shirt, Kingston’s clothes don’t fit and Ryan and I were sweating through our clothes. There were no less than 30 people gathered around us. I took video of them watching us and talking about us. I kind of love that. Just the strangeness that we are to them. The strangeness that we are to our own selves.

We’re heading off to the kid’s playground at the hotel and then on to the pool. There is a bar connected to the pool. It is only 10:30 in the morning. We’re totally ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment