Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Zoo Day

My first born is driving me nuts. Completely nuts. I WANT TO SCREAM but my second born does enough of that for all of us. I am going to give Mr. E-V the benefit of the doubt for today's actions and will leave it out of this blog post because this should be more about door #2 than #1.

I have not lost it yet. But I am close.

Today I walked to the grocery store and back and I did not cry. It was two years ago where walking to the grocery store put me into tears. Our lives were forever altered and we came through stronger than we were before, stronger as a family and stronger than our individual parts. Our lives have changed yet again and this a scary thing for all of us, even those of us who don't choose to wear Spiderman shirts.

Mr. Kingston Tao is becoming quite the interesting little man. We can't quite figure him out. He keeps us on our toes as we are never quite sure when a fit will start but the fits are not too out of control. However, the poor little dear gets all red in the face, the screaming starts and he about hyperventilates. The first few times I thought he would puke.

Today we put Kingston on the scale and he weighed in at a whopping 24 lbs with all of his clothes and shoes on. This makes me so sad. There is no way a three year old should weigh 23 lbs. That is just sick. Hopefully it will not take long for Mr. Tao to put on the pounds as he is eating more than all of us put together. The only issue is that he likes to put it all in his mouth at once, realizes he cannot swallow or chew it all up and ends up looking for me to grab something to spit it out in. Classy little guy. Fits in well with us.

I think that the best part of the days are when we get back to our hotel room and we all run around, jump on the beds and wrestle. Kingston is a bit of a brute. He will fall and will get right back up to jump onto my unsuspecting back. He is a character and I am looking forward to introducing you all to him. He has a cute little smile and he knows how to charm like his brother. He is a tad shy around strangers and I think we are already seeing him shy away from Mandarin speakers. We are his safety net now, we are his food supply, his survival, his fun, his family.

We finally put them to bed around 5:00 this evening. Could turn out to be a very bad idea tomorrow morning around 5:00 am. Kingston is as Ryan just put it, "totally beavered out."

Heading to the Summer Palace tomorrow. Looking forward to it as we did not get a chance to see it last year. Hoping to also document some areas around the hotel for both Everest and Kingston's benefit as they grow older. As I walked to the grocery store today it hit me more than ever that this was their first home. This is their heritage before there was a family. This is the land of their first language, familiar food and like faces. Although I would not choose to live here, my children did not choose to leave here and I must respect the home they once knew. I must respect the chaos, the clutter, the beauty, the tradition. I also must not let them forget.





No comments:

Post a Comment