Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A stranger in a strange land

I cannot catch my breath half of the time. The amount of things we need to set up and do keeps on increasing. In Parents of the Year Award news, I realized that Kingston had a holiday party at his daycare today. I realized this when I dropped him off and all of the kids were dressed cute. My kid was slumming it in the jeans he wore yesterday, bed head and a big scratch down the side of his face. Needless to say his parents will not be in attendance because they are negligent.

Last night could have verged on suckage. Everest came home from school sick with a fever and Ryan was heading to the Badger basketball game with his friend. So it was a sick and crabby Everest, an excitable Beebs and me with a glass of wine on constant refill sitting on my bed watching the X Factor, which I will admit is a guilty pleasure. I fell asleep by 9:00, I think before Beebs did. Because the night involved a 9:00 sleep time, the night did not hit suckage level.

It’s so strange having a stranger in the house. A strange stranger. It’s funny because when you give birth to a child you know their bodies from the beginning. You know every strange lump or discoloration. With Kingston we are just finding all of these things out. We are now putting double diapers on Kingston before bed because he soaks his bed EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. One of these diapers is supposedly the diaper of all diapers and alas that still didn’t stop the soakage. Anyway, I digress. This diaper is an actual diaper, not just a pull up and I can’t remember the last time I put an actual diaper on a kid. Anyway, I digress again. So I plop the kid down. He totally knows the drill. I lift up his booty and there is a tiny line of what looks like stitches. I won’t go into details on where exactly the stitches are but it doesn’t look like it would be a comfortable experience getting said stitches. This new find was not in Kingston’s medical files. So the kid doesn’t have the skin condition we thought he had and he has stitches we never heard about. Doctor has been called and appointment finally made. Kingston needs his vaccinations but I’ll admit it was the curiosity of his stitches that finally got me to pick up the phone and make the appointment. Going to the doctor is going to be a totally fun experience that I am letting Ryan do alone.

I've been trying to put a lot of thoughts down into this blog post and just deleted about 30 minutes worth of writing. I think I am too tired. I am going to regret it later.

Ryan and I have off from work tomorrow. I will try to post later this weekend after a relaxing and kids in daycare day. Ahhh, finally what I consider a "free day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment