Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Plugging Along

We are stressed here. Both Ryan and I ended up in urgent care on Sunday. Luckily for us (unluckily for my mom) my mom had planned on coming up to do Christmas shopping on Sunday. Ryan went in for a crazy infection on his leg from tackle football with the kids and I went in because I woke up in the middle of the night knowing I had strep throat. My mom took a look and told me to head to the doctor. A quick test confirmed what we had suspected. Meanwhile Ryan had a huge antibiotic shot in his leg. Lovely. I feel a lot better today and went into work because I have missed enough being sick.

Meanwhile I am just pissed. I am pissed at almost everybody. I am pissed at Kingston because he wouldn't sleep. I am pissed at Ryan because I almost had Kingston asleep and he ruined it. He is fixing it with bringing me icecream. I am pissed that everything that tastes good has fat in it. I am pissed that I haven't worked out in over a month. I am pissed that really none of my friends called us to see how we were doing when we got home. Text messages do not count. I am pissed at texting.

I am sad. I am sad that I haven't given enough love to my cat when he loves me unconditionally. I am sad that we moved. I am sad that my old house sits empty and alone. Sort of like me. I am sad that we have Christmas decorations up and I haven't been able to shop for my children. I am sad that there are clothes all over the floor. I am sad that it is 10:00 at night and I just sat down. It's just a bit much for me right now.

I have the adoption eye twitch back. My eye apparently twitches when I hit the extreme stress level, which occurred during Everest's adoption and only a few times since. It started again during the strep throat episode. I usually have a cool and calm demeanor but I think my insides take a beating, hence the twitching and infections and general internal resulting pissiness tonight.

Sorry for the doom and gloom. I am just feeling sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment