Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sitting on Edge of Bed

As I write this I am sitting on the corner of the bed, as far off of the bed as possible without falling off. The cat is licking my sleeve and trying to budge his way onto the keyboard. Kingston is straining to see me from his bed (hence me sitting on the corner) and every other seconds says a pathetic, "Momma." It may be starting to be every two seconds. Maybe he is getting tired. Crap, he's at it again. Be quiet kid.

Ahh two minutes later and the only thing I hear is the TV and the cat purring. Damn, I just heard another momma. I thought I had achieved sweet, sweet victory.

In the past two days I feel like Kingston is starting to latch onto the language a little bit more. You can't understand a word he says but he is trying. We can make out some stuff just because we're around him but others wouldn't have a clue. He says Monkey really cute whenever he sees a monkey picture. He also did get quack quack for the duck today. Progress folks, progress. I'm actually quite impressed when you think of what he's been through.

He is still saying momma. I keep saying, "what?" but he only answers with another "momma."

Ryan went to Everest's parent teacher conference today and I'm proud to report that our kids is brilliant. Well not really but he's brilliant in our book. He is doing quite well. His teacher noticed the maturity level having increased since we've been home from China so I have not been imagining it.

Battery is about out and I am about to lose my mind with the repetitive mommas so I need to go bang my head against the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment