Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Conversations

Hilariousness.

Life is better. The last few days have been, shall I even dare to say it?!?, Fun!

I think it helps having a house-husband. Ryan is down to working 40% of his hours. Bad on the bank account but good for the organization of our lives.

Everest and Kingston are seated at dinner when I roll in from work. Everybody is happy to see mom. I sit, they eat, all is well. We get up in the morning and everybody gets dressed in an orderly fashion and we don't have to rush because Ryan is taking Kingston to daycare after Everest gets on the bus. Usually Kingston and I leave early and then Ryan stays at home until after Everest leaves. Kind of nice to be able to somewhat relax (both us and the kids) in the mornings.

Last night I helped Everest with his homework and Kingston sat on my lap. Kids were in bed by 8:15 and Ryan and I were able to sit for awhile and talk. Nice. Financially unsustainable but nice.

And on to the funny....

On Sunday we were in downtown Madison and we were stopped at a stoplight. A Madison cop pulled up next to us. Everest, spying that the cop's window was open, unrolled his window and the following conversation ensued:

Everest: Excuse me but why do you have a computer in your car? Does it help you catch the cars that are going to fast?

Cop: Yes, that's right.

Everest: Why do you have a computer AND a camera in your car?

Cop: Well both of them help me do my job.

Mom and Dad in front seat seriously cracking up as the light turns green: Everest, the light is green say goodbye.

Everest: Goodbye, have a great day.

Cop: You too.


Last night I was putting Everest to bed, knowing that he would seriously crash if he would just stop talking for a second. He wouldn't. He is a bit obsessed at times with trying to spell, which is great but not at bedtime when he should be obsessed with sleeping. So every other minute he thinks of another word that he can "spell." Finally I said, "Everest you need to go to sleep. S-L-E-E-P!" To which Everest responds, "O-K M-O-M!!"


Today Ryan picked up Everest from school. In the midst of something or other Everest says what sounds like, "Holy Shit!!" Ryan says, "EVEREST WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?" Ryan and I aren't in the habit of saying holy shit. Anyway, Everest says, "I said, Holy Shik." Ryan says, "Everest I still don't like that language." Everest responds, "But Dad, it's not like I said Shit, S-H-I-T. I said, Shik, S-H-I-K!" Kid can't spell his last name but damn can that kid spell Shit. Shit.

Tonight we put the kids to bed on the floor of our room because we felt a tad lazy and Everest thought he was going to stay up "late." Everest says, "Can someone do something for me....because I am trying to concentrate on sleeping? I say, "Yes, of course. What do you need?" Everest answers, "I think that the two of you and daddy need to be quiet because I don't want to tell you to shhhhh. Well I am going to just tell you to shshshsh." And he immediately falls asleep.


I wish I had more funny with KT but the poor kid can't talk yet. He is learning a bit more each week. He is starting to imitate more and more and I think he'll be a crack up when we can communicate. He makes us laugh nonetheless. Kid can seriously shake his booty, says, "noyoutopit" continuously (translation, "no, you stop it.") and is doing great with the potty training. Caught him on his mini-toilet by himself today. He peed a bit on his socks and then proceeded to empty his mini toilet into the big toilet without spilling his entire pot of pee onto our bathroom floor. Progress folks, progress.


We made paella today. It tastes professional. I'm pretty proud of myself. The kids seriously need to be on top of us when we're in the kitchen if they are not eating themselves. I had to pull up two chairs behind us for the two of them to sit on. They were completely entertained watching us and listening to music for almost 45 min and then the silly started, which is kind of scary by a hot stove. But wow, to have someone just want to be so near you that they don't want to play, they just want to be in your presence. That's pretty powerful.

Well we're off to eat. I think Kingston is just about to sleep. He is about two feet from where we laid him down. Squirmy. Cute. He is gaining some weight in his cheeks. Loves beefsticks. Starting to like cheese. Welcome to WI skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment