Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Packing Up

We started to pack for China just as we were getting close to nearing some sort of organization in our new house. We are trying to contain the chaos to one room.

Kingston does not yet have a bed. However, he is now the proud owner of superhero undies.

At what point does a boy decide he shouldn’t wear superhero undies anymore? Sad.

However, if Ryan wore superhero undies we probably wouldn’t be married.

I started to get emotional about everything this weekend. I am more scared this time around. Last time it was just Ryan and I and now the magnitude of what we are doing is intensified because it isn’t just us anymore. We have the most amazing little person with us whose life is going to be forever changed along with ours. He is going to have to share his mom, his dad and his toys. His grandparents. Our friends. I don’t want to lose the closeness that Everest and I now share by bringing another child into the mix. How do I balance? It was a long road to getting to where we are today. He is a momma’s boy and I forever want him to sit on my lap. I hurt for Everest. And maybe I don’t even have to. Maybe he will be just fine. Maybe it is more me that I hurt for. And maybe I don’t even have to. Maybe I will be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. I've never adopted, however the feelings you are talking about are similar to how I felt before I had my second child. There were definitely adjustments that were made by all, but I think I had a harder time than my boys. My oldest still is much more of a momma's boy than my younger one. I try to do outings with just one of my kids to keep that part of the relationship. Even if it is just to the grocery store or post office, just me and ONE child. Then I try to focus on the child (well as I am doing the errand, but you really can do a lot during those trips)

    ReplyDelete