Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Friday, July 20, 2012

NYC and Home Again

I'm home.  After a long week of waaaay too much food and alcohol and I am back.  I am on a self-prescribed detox.  If I lived in NY I would be a fat alcholic with insomnia.  Apparently nobody in NY goes to bed before 12 AM and apparently they don't get into work too early either.  That is the case it seems if you live there.  If you are there for work from out of town, you start work at your normal time.  This leads to exhaustion.  I am worn out.

I had a great time though.  Ryan and I started the trip bright and early last Friday and we arrived in NY around 10:30 am.  We headed straight to our hotel and dropped off our luggage and just started to walk.  And walk and walk and walk and walk.  Again, New Yorkers seem to do a lot of this.  My feet and legs hurt like they have never hurt before.  Flip flops were perhaps not the smartest shoewear choice but it was way too hot for anything else.  NY has heat beyond heat with all of the pavement and people. 

Our hotel was quite the trendy, hipster spot to stay.  The Standard was not standard in any sense although the rooms could have been a bit more swanky for the price you pay to stay there.  I guess they used up the budget on the rest of the common areas.  The guest rooms had what they call, "peekaboo showers."  Yes, that's right folks, no doors on the showers.  Hilarious.  Glad we were not staying with the kids, that would have scarred them for life.  I watched the morning news while showering.  Kind of like multi-tasking.

We ate fabuously.  On Sunday night we went to Buddakan and it was oppulent dining at its best.  When in NY do as New Yorkers do.  Let's pay an unseemly amount of money on dinner and drinks.  The atmosphere and food was amazing though.  Well worth the price.  Unreal. 

We explored a lot.  Soho, Little Italy, Lower Manhattan, Upper West Side, Lower East Side...we hit them all.  My feet are mad.  I think my favorite part was just being with Ryan.  We needed it.

Monday came way too soon for us as Ryan headed out that night.  I was so unbelievably sad.  However, in a few hours, Trish, my manager, took his place and everybody else filtered in throughout the next day so I was not lonely in the big city for long.  We went to the yarn show and met with mills and vendors and then headed out for drinks and appetizers.  We ended the night on a boat on the Hudson River drinking Coronas.  I was one of the less hung-over people the next morning.  Each morning and night repeated itself.  Rewind repeat, rewind repeat, rewind repeat.  Hence the exhaustion.

It was awesome to see the kids.  KT is potty trained.  He dropped his drawers to show me his new Toy Story undies when I walked in the door.  It is AWESOME!!  I am so proud of him.  He got fully dressed this morning before he came into my room.  Granny Margy is the child whisperer.  She has those kids trained.  Now Ryan and I just have to try not to mess it up.  KT likes his momma to take care of everything so it's a hard habbit for the little rabbit to break but I think he is off to a great start this morning.  Let's hope it is retained.  If not, maybe Ryan and I will head off to Hawaii for a couple of weeks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment