Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Digging Out

So we are finished digging out of our snow storm.

Somewhat.

This was Everest's first snow day. I started to explain snow days to him on Monday and my explanations were greeted with shrieks and shrill screams. For a boy with an abnormally low voice, he can shriek pretty good.

So we woke up this morning. Of course on a day we can sleep in he is up at the crack of dawn, which is the norm for such occassions similar to weekends.

At first Everest was somewhat disappointed that show and tell at school that day would not be going on until it was explained that everybody got to stay home.

We made breakfast and leisurely made our way outside to where the snowdrifts covered Everest's head. I had to lift him over drifts to take pictures of the magnitude of what we were dealing with. We actually took his sled and had him slide down drifts in our yard. It was completely crazy and fun. BUT COLD!!!! More than mommy could handle.

I got to take a nap. I slept so good that I drooled. The cat was even kicked out of the room.

We went out for dinner at a local pub - probably the only one open and it was packed. Gotta love Wisconsin.

On our way home we were talking about how Everest joined our family. I think, based on some comments he's made, that he has some skewed views of his being, his place in our family and how he came to be. It's tricky navigation. Anyway, he said, "You came to China and asked to if you could take home the cutest baby they had." WHAT?!?!?!? Ryan thinks perhaps our son is a bit egotistical. Unreal. I know that I've told him that he is the cutest boy in the entire world (because he is) but his brain works in such a way that we have no idea how he internalizes things. Apparently he thinks that we went to China and asked for the cutest boy in the world. We didn't.

But we got him regardless.

View from Backdoor

On Top of our Fence

Sledding Down the Alley

Trying to Walk with Mom

Hanging Out



1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun - but I don't envy you!!! I put in my years at Syracuse and have had enough snow for the rest of my life. My kids, on the other hand, would be thrilled with a snowstorm that big.

    I think it's great that Everest think you asked for the cutest kid in the world. At least he doesn't lack in self esteem!!!

    ReplyDelete