Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A New Day

Last night I accomplished 11 hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep. Extremely hard to come by. I woke up a whole new woman. Well kind of. I wasn't any smarter or more attractive. Just felt better.

Last night when I picked Everest up from daycare I saw signs in some of the classrooms that alerted parents to pink eye. I longed to go into said classrooms, rub my hands all over everything and then stick my fingers into my eyes.

Tonight it was more wishful thinking than longing.

We're making progress.

The fundraiser planning is under way. I feel good about the place we landed on - we will all fit, it's a great private space and I think we'll put on a good party as the Lentz's always do. It was a tad touch and go for awhile but we're working through it. Good company always plays a big part and if our friends are there, we'll make it work.

Everest said shit three times in a row today at school when he didn't get to play with the polar bear toy that he wanted. He used it in the correct context. Way to go kiddo. His response to my lecture, "Well mom, I had a good nap today."

In all seriousness, what the heck is that all about?

Sometimes I feel like taking my hair and pulling it out strand by strand. Maybe my eyelashes instead. I won't look good bald but then again, how would I look without eyelashes?

My kitchen stinks.

Why does my kitchen stink?

My cat is perched next to me. His love is unconditional. He does not talk back, nor does he poop in his drawers. Although he does have a litter box.

I wish I could sleep all day like my cat and it might kind of be cool to poop in a litter box.

Maybe that's what my kid is thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment