Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Motherhood

You become more than yourself when you become a mother. I have struggled because I am no longer....

Melissa Armstrong....

or

Melissa Lentz.

I am no longer just a University of Wisconsin grad.

I am no longer just Ryan's wife.

I am Everest's mom.

I have an appreciation like never before for what my mother gave me and gave up by simply or un-simply becoming my mom. She will always be Melissa's mom although I am now grown and no longer just a University of Wisconsin grad and no longer just Ryan's wife. She is still my mom even though I am now Everest's mom.

My identity revolves around my son. I do not choose this. It chooses me. It's something a mother cannot escape. We are our children's accomplishments and failures. We are their sadness and celebration.

I now sit here and think about the future and about becoming Everest and Kingston's mom and about what that means to me....

and to

Everest.

1 comment:

  1. Being mom is the greatest most important job title you will have on earth! so rewarding some days and some days you will want to quit. Thankfully, you get the job for life! Can't wait to watch you become a family of 4.

    ReplyDelete