Our Story

For our story please see the post from December 5th.

Ser·en·dip·i·ty - 1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. 2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries. 3. An instance of making such a discovery.

Red Thread - Ancient Chinese Proverb - An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

I remember two years ago at Christmas feeling the sadness that comes with wanting a child and not having one. I remember the urgency I felt and the helplessness I felt not knowing who our baby was and when he would come home. I remember some sort of serenity in knowing that it would likely be our last Christmas as a family of two.

I remember last year at Christmas. I remember the feeling of sadness that comes with having a child too new to know. I remember the feeling of unease I had as a first time mother, feeling completely inadequate and unsure of everything. I remember smiling at Everest's excitement at his first Christmas with a family and I remember some sort of serenity in knowing that it only got better from there on out.

And that brings us to this Christmas. I marvel at Everest's whole being. I am amazed at our perseverence as parents. I see ourselves in Everest and I am proud. I am unbelievably proud. He is this little being that has transformed our lives for the better without even trying, by just being.

And we continue to transform. A toast I made this year with Ryan was, "To our last Christmas as a family of three."

And I feel a sense of serenity in that.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments: